Sunday, March 29, 2009

Expensive and Obsolete

I'm having a good day today (I think). It's hard to tell lately. There seems to be a general sense of doom that burns in my soul, but I'm trying not to get bogged down by it. I worked today, I hate working Sundays. I hate working everyday to tell you the truth. It's not so much that I have to work, it's just the work I'm doing. I haven't actually done my job in several weeks now, every time I go into work they have me working on the sales floor. What's more is other people are doing the job I should be doing, which makes me obsolete. I am also paid more than any other non-management employee in the store, and the combination of being expensive and obsolete concerns me, but I am trusting God to protect me and lead me to a new job. I have a not job interview with the CBOQ (Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec [i think that's what it stands for...]) to talk about whether or not I am ready to enter into ministry. There aren't any jobs available currently, but they will keep me on the radar. There is a need for youth and worship ministry, but not a lot of churches have the infrastructure or the budget to accommodate that kind of position. At this point however, if there is a church that needs a janitor AND a youth pastor, I would jump at that and do both. In the meantime I am looking elsewhere. I think I would like to work at starbucks, I like coffee, I've worked in a coffee shop before and it's actually a lot of fun. We will see what happens. Either way, I need to turn my thoughts and my efforts to God and dedicate my work, whatever my work too him. That is where I will draw my joy.

Romans 12:1-2
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

1 comment:

  1. His PERFECT will.
    "Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10a

    ReplyDelete